The Phoenix School has been taking care of Decatur kids for 30+ great years! The school was founded in 1979 by a group of parents who, like today’s parents, wanted a better child care alternative for their children.
The Phoenix School provides exceptional child care for children from 8 weeks through 5 years of age, including the state-funded Georgia Pre-K program. We offer full-time care, year-round.
- We are located in Oakhurst, 1½ miles southwest of downtown Decatur.
- We are open from 7:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m, providing full-time care 5 days a week.
- To preserve our stable, high-quality learning environment, we do not offer part-day or drop-in care.
- We serve about 65 children in 5 classrooms.
- We provide nutritious meals: breakfast, hot lunch and afternoon snack.
- We are a safe, loving “home away from home.”
- Our children and staff come from all different cultural, ethnic and religious backgrounds.
- We are NECPA accredited.
- We are recognized by the State of Georgia as a Center of Distinction.
- The Phoenix School is a non-profit corporation, managed by a Board of Directors.